In May 2015, the UC Merced Fraternity and Sorority Council community announced that it would be moving into a three-year period of expansion to increase the number of social fraternity and sorority chapters. This six-month-long process had fraternity and sorority chapters apply to the expansion process, some were brought to campus to gather interest from students, and then chapters were selected based on their connection to the UC Merced Fraternity and Sorority Life values.
The following chapters are expected to join the Fraternity and Sorority Life community in the coming years:
- Sororities: Delta Phi Epsilon Sorority (Spring 2020)
- Fraternities: Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Incorporated (final date not set)
Additional information about expansion will be coming soon.
Registration and participation in all recruitment types, including expansion chapters, is free to all students, thanks to sponsorship from the Associated Students at University of California, Merced (ASUCM).
If you are interested in participating in recruitment, you are required to register utilizing the following link:
Students interested in Spring 2019 Recruitment must meet the following requirements:
- Have at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA;
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours;
- Earned a minimum of 12 units as a full-time student in a post-secondary institution after high school graduation;
- Be in good academic standing with UC Merced; and
- Transfer students who have earned less than 12 University of California credits need to provide a transcript as verification of GPA eligibility (upload included in this form or a physical copy can be turned into FSL Front Desk or Hayley Montoya - both located in Granite Pass 166). A transcript must be received before the final day of registration.
**Note: You are not allowed to receive a bid from any Fraternity and Sorority Life organization without registering. You can only join ONE social or professional organization per semester.