In May 2015, the UC Merced Fraternity and Sorority Council community announced that it would be moving into a three-year period of expansion to increase the number of social fraternity and sorority chapters. This six-month-long process had fraternity and sorority chapters apply to the expansion process, some were brought to campus to gather interest from students, and then chapters were selected based on their connection to the UC Merced Fraternity and Sorority Life values.
The following chapters are expected to join the Fraternity and Sorority Life community in the coming years:
- Fraternities: Gamma Zeta Alpha Fraternity Inc. & (Fall 2019)
- Sororities: Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. (Spring 2020)
In April 2019, the UC Merced Fraternity and Sorority Council community announced that it would be moving into a one-year period of expansion to specifically for NPHC-affiliated organizations. We previously attempted to bring NPHC-affiliated organizations to our campus in 2017, but were unsuccessful due to unsanctioned processes happening and one of the organizations slated to come to UC Merced pulled out of our process for not having enough alumni support. We are hopeful this time around we will have NPHC-afilliated organizations at UC Merced in Spring 2020. For more information about NPHC Expansion, please click here.
Registration and participation in all recruitment types, including expansion chapters, is free to all students, thanks to sponsorship from the Associated Students at University of California, Merced (ASUCM).
If you are interested in participating in recruitment, you are required to register utilizing the following link:
Students interested in Spring 2019 Recruitment must meet the following requirements:
- Have at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA;
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours;
- Earned a minimum of 12 units as a full-time student in a post-secondary institution after high school graduation;
- Be in good academic standing with UC Merced; and
- Transfer students who have earned less than 12 University of California credits need to provide a transcript as verification of GPA eligibility (upload included in this form or a physical copy can be turned into FSL Front Desk or Hayley Montoya - both located in Granite Pass 166). A transcript must be received before the final day of registration.
**Note: You are not allowed to receive a bid from any Fraternity and Sorority Life organization without registering. You can only join ONE social or professional organization per semester.