- Have earned a minimum of 12 units as a full-time student in a post-secondary institution after high school graduation.
- Have at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA.
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours.
- Be in good standing with the university (academic and conduct)
- Transfer students who have earned less than 12 University of California credits need to provide a transcript as verification of GPA eligibility.
Fees Associated with Membership
Membership in a fraternity or sorority does have a fee associated with it; these fees are called “dues." Dues range between organizations, and they fund the activities and costs associated with operating the chapter. Some examples of where the dues money goes include membership badge/pin, insurance costs, social events, community service programs, etc.
It is a good idea to talk to members of each organization to determine if membership is affordable for you. Many students hold part-time jobs to help cover their fees, and scholarships and payment plans are also available to members.
As this is a complex process, contact Coordinator of Fraternity and Sorority Life at FSL@ucmerced.edu with questions.