All students interested in learning more about joining a fraternity and sorority at UC Merced are encouraged to participate in Spring 2021 Recruitment. The following are the dates for Spring 2021 Recruitment:
Multicultural/NALFO Sorority Chapter Recruitment: Monday, January 25th, 2021 - Sunday, January 31st, 2021
Panhellenic Sorority Primary Recruitment: Thursday, January 28th, 2021 - Sunday, January 31st, 2021 (Potential New Member Orientation is Wednesday, January 27th, 2021)
Professional Fraternity Continuous Recruitment: Monday, January 25th, 2021 - Sunday, February 14th, 2021
Social Fraternity Recruitment: Monday, February 1st, 2021 - Sunday, February 14th, 2021
Registration and participation in all recruitment types is FREE to all students, thanks to sponsorship from the Associated Students of the University of California, Merced (ASUCM).
If you are interested in participating in recruitment, you are REQUIRED to register utilizing the following link:
Students interested in Spring 2021 Recruitment must meet the following requirements:
- Have at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA.
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours.
- Earned a minimum of 12 units as a full time student in a post-secondary institution after high school graduation.
- Transfer students who have earned less than 12 University of California credits need to provide a transcript as verification of GPA eligibility. This is turned by uploading it to this form or by turning a copy via e-mail to Hayley Montoya to participating in recruitment. You can also e-mail her with questions at email@example.com.
It is important to note, these are the MINIMUM requirements. Many organizations have a higher GPA requirement. GPAs will not be rounded up when doing eligibility checks. If you have questions or concerns, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
- Potential New Member Rights and Responsibilities
- Recruitment Violation Report Form
- How to Post Flyers in Housing Spaces
How Recruitment Works:
Recruitment is the process by which one joins a fraternity or sorority. Any fraternity or sorority organization in good standing may participate in the recruitment process in the fall semester. Recruitment provides potential new members (PNMs) an opportunity to learn more about the various organizations at UC Merced. PNMs are encouraged to ask questions, get to know current members and alumni, and to find the organization that is the best fit for them.
The organizations who are participating in recruitment will host events throughout the week they are assigned to. It is NOT required to attend every single event they are hosting, but we encourage you to attend as many events as you can! We hope that you'll be open minded in this process and find your home away from home! Look over the fraternity and sorority life website for more information about each organization.
Fees Associated with Membership
Membership in a fraternity or sorority does have a fee associated with it. These fees are called "dues." Dues range between organizations, and they fund the activities and costs associated with operating the chapter. Some examples of where the dues money goes include: membership badge/pin, insurance costs, social events, community service programs, etc.
It is a good idea to talk to members of each organization to determine if membership is affordable for you. Many students hold part time jobs to help cover their fees. Scholarships and payment plans are also available to members.
Fraternity and sororities at UC Merced are committed to building leadership skills, supporting excellence in academics, promoting community service and philanthropic opportunities, and cultivating life-long friendships through the bonds of brotherhood and sisterhood . Simply, we call these: Leadership, Scholarship, Service, and Friendship.
We encourage you to get to know the current fraternities and sororities recognized on campus!
Fraternity & Sorority Life at UC Merced consists of:
- Social Fraternities:
- Sigma Chi
- Gamma Zeta Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
- Pi Lambda Phi Fraternity
- Pi Kappa Phi Fraternity
- Omega Delta Phi Fraternity, Inc.
- Kappa Sigma
- Panhellenic (NPC) Sororities:
- Delta Delta Delta
- Delta Gamma
- Kappa Kappa Gamma
- Phi Mu
- National Association of Latino Fraternal Organizations (NALFO) Sororities:
- Kappa Delta Chi Sorority, Inc.
- Lambda Theta Nu Sorority Inc.
- Multicultural Sororities:
- Sigma Theta Psi Multicultural Sorority, Inc.
- Professional Fraternities:
- Alpha Kappa Psi
- Alpha Phi Omega
- Delta Epsilon Mu
- Delta Sigma Pi
- Phi Alpha Delta
- Phi Delta Epsilon
- Theta Tau
Current and Past Resources:
*Note: You are not allowed to receive a bid from any Fraternity and Sorority Life organization without registering. You are allowed to join 1 organization per semester.