In May 2015, the UC Merced Fraternity and Sorority Council community announced that it would be moving into a three-year period of expansion to increase the number of social fraternity and sorotity chapters. This six month long process had fraternity and sorority chapters apply to the expansion process, some were brought to campus to gather interest from students, and then chapters were selected based on their connection to the UCM Fraternity and Sorority Life values.
The following chapters are expected to join the Fraternity and Sorority Life community in the coming years:
- Sororities: Sigma Theta Psi Multicultural Sorority & Zeta Phi Beta Sorority Incorporated
- Fraternities: Sigma Tau Gamma Fraternity & Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity Incorporated
Additional information about expansion will be coming soon.
Registration and participation in all recruitment types, including expansion chapters, is FREE to all students, thanks to sponsorship from the Associated Students of University of California, Merced (ASUCM).
If you are interested in participating in recruitment, you are REQUIRED to register utilizing the following link:
Students interested in Spring 2017 Recruitment must meet the following requirements:
- Have at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA.
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours.
- Earned a minimum of 12 units as a full time student in a post-secondary institution after high school graduation.
- Be in good academic standing with UC Merced.
- Transfer students who have earned less than 12 University of California credits need to provide a transcript as verification of GPA eligibility (upload included in this form or a physical copy can be turned into the OSL Front Desk for Richard Arquette, KL 184). Transcript must be recieved before the final day of registration.
*Note – You are not allowed to receive a bid from any Fraternity and Sorority Life organization without registering.
- Chapters & Councils
- Fraternity & Sorority Council
- Professional Fraternity Council
- Order of Omega
- How to Join
- Parents & Family