Requirements to Participate
- Have earned a minimum of 12 units as a full-time student in a post-secondary institution after high school graduation.
- Have at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA.
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours.
- Be in good standing with the university (academic and conduct)
- Transfer students who have earned less than 12 University of California credits need to provide a transcript as verification of GPA eligibility.
Fees Associated with Membership
Membership in a fraternity or sorority does have a fee associated with it; these fees are called “dues." Dues range between organizations, and they fund the activities and costs associated with operating the chapter. Some examples of where the dues money goes include: membership badge/pin, insurance costs, social events, community service programs, etc.
It is a good idea to talk to members of each organization to determine if membership is affordable for you. Many students hold part-time jobs to help cover their fees and scholarships and payment plans are also available to members.
As this is a complex process, feel free to contact us with questions or concerns by emailing Coordinator of Fraternity and Sorority Life and Student Conduct, Richard Arquette at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Chapters & Councils
- Fraternity & Sorority Council
- Professional Fraternity Council
- Order of Omega
- How to Join
- Parents & Family